Bogue’s Top 10 favorite games
- Heroscape ( reboot failed on their funding platform this year 🙁 – The 3D tabletop immersion of the game tile system that allows for homebrew character design of new characters beyond the original game. It is a very easy entry for all players and offers some simple strategy with luck of the dice rolling.
- Dice Throne Adventures (Dice Throne / Marvel) – Same as above minus the 3D tabletop but in-depth character creation within very simple mechanics to play.
- Battletech – Big stomping robot machines firing missiles and lasers- nuf’said.
- Gloomhaven – best dungeon crawler design in the industry not requiring a GM or DM.
- Star Wars: Destiny – Best combination of deck building, card use, and dice rolling combinations.
- Carcassonne – most entertaining casual game system on the market with expansions that actually enhance game play.
- Dune: Imperium – Best area control and worker placement system created around a very cool sci-fi theme.
- Terraforming Mars – Strongest strategy game with heavy demand on area control mechanics, economy of scale, and competitive play at a very advanced level.
9: Castle Panic – The best game to introduce NEW gamers to the hobby that incorporates a little of all mechanics that a person would see in other games rolled into one COOP system that has you working together.
10: Fire Fly: The Board Game -EPIC long form game with very little miniature play but heavy strategy and luck with space, a simple space flying system unlike most space based games.
(Honorable Mentions: Star Wars- X Wing, Coup, Small World, Sonar, and Betrayal at House on the Hill)
Best 2022 new Car Wars – 6th Edition = The game offers very strong visual play with brand new mechanics on controlling the cars that are very in-depth but easy to learn. A ton of dice are rolled with always makes the tactile experience even better.
Disappointment: Star Scrappers – Orbital by Hexy Studio = The visual looked very impressive with building out your own space stations. The card play, credit system, and worker placement felt shallow and less exciting that anticipated with limited strategy given the luck of the card draw.
How does Bogue’s Top 10 compare to yours? Let us know! Message me, and maybe we’ll feature your top 10 in our Fans Top 10 of 2022!
Do you find that you’re missing too many reviews as we drop them? Provide your name and email below and we’ll keep you in the know of what we reviewed that week as well as other hot news!!!!!