A tabletop RPG about people with disabilities working together to overcome a zombie plague.
The year is 1347 A.D. The Black Death runs rampant around the world and has now come to your village. Everywhere around you people are succumbing to the plague. Quarantines are doing little to stem the tide of decay that is coming your way. Worst of all, you and the others in your almshouse have been left to fend for yourselves.
Oh, and did we mention plague victims are rising as zombies?
In Survival of the Able, you’re a disabled person living in a European almshouse when the Black Death comes to your town. Little is known about where the plague originated or how to stop it, but those who die from it are rising again—and they’re hungry for flesh. Since everyone else has succumbed to the plague, it’s up to a handful of you to make your way out of town and away to safety.
In this game, you will:
- Play a disabled character who lives in Medieval Europe during the time of the Black Plague
- Encounter challenges such as disease, zombies, burning buildings, terrible weather, fatigue, and stress
- Experience discrimination based on your disability, fear that you might have the plague, or both
- Overcome incredible challenges against all odds and despite your disability, as able-bodied people around you panic and fall victim to the zombies
- Try to avoid a fate worse than death–turning into a zombie and eating your friends.